- At what point did you find yourself getting into the book? Were you hooked early or did it take a while for your interest to develop?
- Was the story more about plot or characters?
- Are there any sections of the book that you particularly liked?
- What do you make of the settings? Were any familiar and, if so, did that add to the experience? For those that weren’t did you find the locations sufficiently engaging?
- Do you feel there were any messages within the book or was it merely written to entertain?
- What is your emotional reaction to the key people of Brandt, Johnson and McNeil? Did your feelings towards them chance over the course of the story?
- How credible/believable did you find the book? Was the level of profanity and elements of a sexual nature justified in the context of the story?
- Most of the chapters were written from a sole character’s perspective. Did you like that style or would you have preferred a different structure?
- How did you feel about the ending? What did you like, what did you not like, and is there anything you would have liked done differently?
- Did the book change your opinion or perspective about anything?
And just for a bit of fun:
If the book were being adapted into a movie, who would you want to see play what parts?